So, we just finished the X-Files finale. Bullet points:
- “I could smell you coming, Clarice” and “Come here you big, beautiful, bald man” were fantastic. It goes downhill from there. I kept waiting for Mulder to say “I see dead people.”
- The trial was an ultra-weak attempt to recap the show. It felt so forced and artificial and absurd and useless.
- Last we saw that prosecutor, he was being shoved into the bathroom of an airplane by Billy Idol while his fiancee, Drew Barrymore, was running off with Adam Sandler.
- Dana is willing to give everything up to follow Mulder to the ends of the Earth. But she is not willing to do that for her own son. He, she gives up for adoption. Why? She could have run with him and protected him. Sure, you could say he is safer with the anonymous couple than he would be with her but I don’t buy it.
- So, after all is said and done, we still don’t have all the answers. The X-Files are closed, everyone is on the run and in danger, and Mulder is deciding to get religion. Yawn. I’m not going to hold my breath for the movie.