Some random notes as I sit here waiting for Jack to wake up from his nap.
- The Farscape season premiere last night was excellent. It truly is one of the oddest and best shows on TV. TV guide describes Ben Browder and Claudia Black as two people who should be nominated for an emmy but aren’t. They also say Angel is one of the best shows on TV and they are right.
- We kind of stopped watching Six Feet Under. I screwed up the VCR one time too many and we decided to bag it until reruns. Turns out, HBO is rerunning the entire first two seasons starting in a few weeks. Excellent.
- Sex and the City starts its next season soon too. Very excellent. How they will hide Sarah Jessica Parker’s pregnancy will be amusing to see.
- Turning away from TV, I’m annoyed by some of the parents in our neighborhood. See, in the evenings, all of the kids are out and playing. They range in age from Jack, the youngest at 26 months (and Nimra, his girlfriend who is two months older) to a group of 6-10 year olds and a few 12-13 year old kids. On any given night, Ann and/or myself and our neighbor Nanette are usually the only adults outside watching the kids. This is usually not that big of a deal except some of the kids get out of control and need someone to reign them back in. Especially this one kid who clearly has some kind of behavioral problem. Maybe it’s because we are out there they don’t feel they need to be. But I can’t imagine letting my kids play out side in this day and age without at least sitting on my front stoop where I can periodically see where they are and what they are doing. The neglect is maddening and I’m tired of defending Jack from unsupervised older kids when they go too far. I’m also sick of being asked to mediate inter-child disputes. Our standard line is “I’m not your Mommy/Daddy. Go ask them.” I know it takes a village, but that works only when the rest of the village pitches in too.
- I put my bike back together. All I need is air in the tires (where is the damn pump anyway?) and I’m ready to roll!
- Photoshop 7 for MacOS X. It’s pretty much heaven to me. If you see a completely new look and feel for this site soon, you know why.
Jack’s awake. I’ll have to babble on later.