There is nothing more wonderful than starting to watch the Oscars about 40 minutes after they started and then using the Tivo to blow through the commercials, dance numbers, acceptance speeches, and Iraq War updates. Well, there are other more wonderful things, I mean let’s have a little perspective here. I’m just saying that in the context of the right here and now…
Some random thoughts.
- Catherine Zeta Jones looks incredible even when incredibly pregnant.
- Andy Serkis should have been nominated for best supporting actor.
- Steve Martin is the best host ever. He’s actually funny.
- Everyone looks so good. I mean, I know it’s Hollywood and if you’re that rich, you can look as good as you want. But even with that, it’s obvious that some people are just aging well.
- I love that my crush on Jennifer Connelly from Rocketeer can still live on. Gods she has gotten elegant.
- Paul Simon’s still got it.
- Jennifer Lopez looked so nervous. It’s nice to see the big people being human.
- Catherine Zeta Jones and Queen Latifah can really sing.
I’m sure I’ll have more later. Aren’t you happy? Oh crap. We just caught up with reality. We can’t skip anything anymore. Time to watch a pre-taped show and come back to this afterwards…