Is it Friday? Did I make it?
- Well, the site I’ve been working on for a few weeks now was officially launched today. I didn’t design this one but I had the joy of building the html/css out of the designer’s photoshop file. Was fun. Got to do some fun things with CSS I’d never done before. It’s MilSpouse.org and I’m very happy with how it came out. (And, yes, it’s running inside Workforce Connections which is the Department of Labor’s version of our EZRO which we developed for them.)
- I took Jack to the playground this afternoon and met another Boston ex-pat who was there with her daughter, Jackie. So, Jack ad Jackie played together. That was fun. We ex-pats have to stick together so I gave her my email address so we could plan another playdate for the kids. Besides, me being sans-cash, she bought Jack an ice cream pop when the truck came around so I owe her.
- At Potbelly deli after the playground, a little girl, maybe 2 years old, came running by. She stopped, smiled at us, and then ran on. Jack stood up on the bench to look for her and called out, “Where are you little frisky?” I nearly chocked on a potato chip.
- Kerry was so much more Presidential than the Commander-in-Chimp. Bush looked so ill at ease, peevish, out of place, etc. Kerry also clearly sounded far more intelligent. I had a feeling that when they went one-on-one it would be no contest.
- Red Sox. I don’t know if I can go through this again. We’ll see how many games I actually watch this October. I mean, ALDS and ALCS. If they make the World Series, I’ll be watching, How can I not? I just don’t know if I can handle the games leading up to it. Not after last year.