I have been a lover of words for as long as I can remember. I have been blogging since 1994 (years before it was called blogging, years before RSS syndication made it easy to follow blogs). I have also completed 7 novels as part of National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) and was the Rhode Island Municipal Liaison (volunteer who coordinates events during NaNoWriMo) for 3 of those years.
I am also a published author and writer including the following:
- Author of Book: Take Control of Podcasting on the Mac (ISBN: 1-933671-06-8, Take Control Books, (Published & Updated 2005–2014, 3rd Edition release June 13, 2014).
- Blogger at self-published site, Navigating the Waters. (2014).
- Article: When Should We Introduce Social Media to Kids? in TidBITS (2010). Featured in NPR.org article on the same subject.
- Article: Podcasting: The People’s Radio in TidBITS, interviewed Podcasting co-creator Dave Winer on his role in podcasting’s origins (2004).
- Published numerous additional articles in TidBITS <db.tidbits.com/author/Andy%20Affleck> (1994-Present).
- Author of White Paper: “Usable Accessibility in On-line Learning” for U.S. Department of Labor (2004).